Friday, January 18, 2008

Media Mommy?



I'm interested to see what everyone thinks of this. It's the story of an Australian teenager that threw a party attended by 500+ kids. It got out of hand, and his friends apparently caused $20,000 worth of damage to surrounding cars and houses, even vandalizing police cars when they arrived on the scene. He remains unrepentant about the situation.

Now, the kid has got a bad attitude, but does anyone else feel like the anchorwoman is scolding him? As much as I want to tell that kid off, another part of me wants to tell the anchor that it's not her job to be his parent (even if his own don't deserve gold stars for performance).

1 comment:

Jeff said...

This kid is terribly annoying and I would tend to agree with Bradley about the reporter. It seemed to me that she didn't have any questions prepared and went into "mommy mode" or something like that. She could have done and interesting interview if she had a solid list of questions but it just seemed like, from the way she was talking, that she saw this as her opportunity to voice her opinion on the kid pushing aside any sort of journalistic ethics. I'm not familiar with her media outlet and I might be willing to cut her a break if she was reporting for the Australian equivalent of E! or something but if she is a reporter for a local or national station she really dropped the ball.